As a mom, making this list was fun for me. I know that giving my baby her first birthday party was an event that I’ll never forget. Something that was especially important to me was her outfit. I wanted her first birthday outfit to be something that would catch everyone’s eye and keep their attention on her (as if she needs help with that!). I compiled the following list to try and help other new moms out there choose a great outfit for their little boy or girl on their first birthday!
For new moms, dressing their babies in cute, trendy outfits is a must. Both boys and girls really need a standout outfit for their first birthday. This article is about the best first birthday outfits for boys and girls with a review of ten outfits.
In the first year of a baby’s life there are many firsts. At the end of that year there’s a big first – their first birthday. It’s an event that will only happen once and most moms want to do anything they can to make that event memorable, if not for the baby then for everyone else who is there! Having a cute and trendy outfit for the baby boy or girl is a must if this is the case. This list will include the top five best outfits for girls and the top five best outfits for boys.
Things that concern moms when it comes to fashion for babies include ease of design, style, color, and patterns. The main thing that concerns baby girls and boys about their outfits is comfort! They want to be able to move around without feeling restricted, and what mom doesn’t care about that? The different fabrics that are used in making baby outfits have a great deal to do with the comfort of the baby. Fabrics made primarily of cotton are the best though there are many other fabrics that will provide a baby with comfort.
Best First Birthday Outfits For Girls And Boys
|Mud Pie Girls|
|Onesie 1st B-Day|
|I'm 1 Tutu|
|Bling 1st B-Day|
At the end of the day, it’s up to you, the new mom, to choose what will suit your baby best. I hope that I can provide some advice and insight into making the right choice!
GIRLS’ FIRST BIRTHDAY OUTFITS
- Mud Pie “I’m One” Tutu: This outfit is absolutely adorable! The outfit is 100% cotton with 100% polyester used for the tutu. The tutu is a beautiful baby pink and the printed word “one” is in gold lettering on a white onesie. Mud Pie also makes a range of products that go with this theme, which is a princess sort of theme. It could go well with a tiara or any crown. It could even set the tone of the theme of your party for your baby girl’s first birthday. One concern is that chubby baby girls might not be completely comfortable in this outfit. While the cotton onesie is stretchy, the area where it connects to the tutu does not have any give. If you’re concerned about the pink color of the tutu, it’s not a bright hot pink; it’s more muted. Overall it’s a cute choice!
- Marlegard Crown Tutu Dress: This outfit isn’t as eye-catching as the Mud Pie “I’m One” Tutu outfit. It’s made of a cotton blend and tulle that is used for the tutu. The tutu is a very light baby pink. It comes with matching shoes and a little headband that goes with the dress. While not over the top in the cuteness factor like the first outfit, this is a perfect choice for a mom that would like a more subdued look for their baby or who is using the color baby pink for party decorations or who just prefers baby pink to a brighter pink. Many moms who have bought this product comment on how easy it is to wash. It recommends hand washing, but from the reviews, throwing it in on delicate in a lingerie bag works just fine. All the babies in the reviews were completely comfortable wearing this outfit. The place where the tulle meets the cotton has more give than the first product does.
- Black and Gold Onesie with Bow and Leggings: This is another outfit that I would definitely have bought for my baby girl’s first birthday! It has the word “one” in gold print on a black long-sleeved onesie. There’s a gold bow on a stretchy headband that comes with the outfit. There are also white leggings with gold hearts on them that have a cute lacy trim on them. It’s 100% cotton, too! This item fits exactly as expected, which isn’t the case with the previous two items. There’s no tightness or parts to constrict the baby’s movement or make her uncomfortable. One drawback is that there aren’t matching party items to go with this outfit like there are with the first outfit; however, it would be extremely easy to get black and gold party decorations from any party store or online. This is an outfit that would definitely catch everyone’s eye at your baby’s party. She’d be the star of the show and really stand out in this beautiful outfit!
- Mud Pie Baby Girl’s I’m 1 Tutu: This is another outfit from Mud Pie. It’s got a white top with a pink ruffle at the neck and a blue and white polka dotted number one on the front of the shirt. It has a multi-colored tutu that can be worn with the top. The top is 100% cotton and the tutu is 100% polyester. It’s machine washable making for an easy upkeep for you, mom! As with Mud Pie’s first outfit on this list, there are a lot of items that you can buy to match it including hair bows, socks, and a bib. This product has a four and a half star rating. Like their first product on this list, it seems that the tutu might be a little tight for chunkier babies. The top seems to work for most of the babies that have tried this outfit, but some moms say that the top has a small opening at the neck. The tutu can be stiff, also. Some recommend washing it multiple times to soften it. The tutu might be uncomfortable for babies with a fuller figure! That’s something to keep in mind because baby’s comfort is your number one priority when choosing her first birthday outfit! The overall conclusion is that this is an extremely cute top for any baby girl!
- Bling Black and Red Print Dress: This is the perfect dress for your baby girl’s Disney-themed birthday party! It looks just like something that Minnie herself might wear. The top is all black with short sleeves and a polka dot red and white one printed on it. The skirt is red and white polka dots with a beautiful little trim around the hem. It comes with a headband bow that’s also red and white polka dots. You can totally see how this would remind me of a Disney mouse princess! Like some of the other outfits in this list, you can buy tons of matching birthday swag to go with it! There are balloons, a party hat, wrapping paper, and mouse ears to name just a few. Everyone who has bought this outfit says that it fits as expected and are quite happy with it. This is definitely an outfit that will stand out at your daughter’s first birthday party! It’s so wonderful because it can be paired with so many different party decorations. The dress is 97% cotton and 3% spandex and can be hand washed in cool water. For me, one of the great things about this dress is that it’s mainly black! So if this is what you’re going to put on her for the cake smash, it’ll be easy to get clean.
BOYS’ FIRST BIRTHDAY OUTFITS
- SOPO Baby Boy’s 3-piece Suit: Oh, my gosh! Could it get any cuter than this? It’s a three piece suit for a baby boy’s first birthday! The outfit is comprised of denim jeans, a white patterned shirt and a grey jacket featuring horses printed on it with plaid lining and accents. The outfit features a bow tie on the shirt. This would be a perfect outfit for a first birthday that falls in spring or fall. It has a fancy feel about it and would definitely make your baby boy the center of attention. I can’t imagine anything cuter at all! More than half of the moms who have bought this for their baby boys say that it runs slightly large, so be sure to take your baby’s measurements and see if they line up with the product’s sizing chart. It is listed as an outfit for boys ages 1-5. That definitely accounts for the fact that many moms are saying that this adorable suit runs large; however, if it would fit your baby, I definitely think it’s worth trying. Nothing could be cuter. The outfit has gotten five stars on Amazon making it a top choice for baby boys!
- Noah’s Boytique Baby Boy’s First Birthday Onesie with Bowtie: This choice is a lot simpler and sometimes simple is better! I can definitely see how this outfit would be more comfortable than the first choice. It’s a simple white onesie with checkered suspenders and a black number one on the front of the onesie. It also has a red bowtie. The overall feel for this outfit is a racecar theme. It comes in a variety of color choices and there are lots of party items that could be paired with this for a great racing theme! It’s 100% cotton. The vests, bowties, and suspenders can be changed out as they all clip on. The number is also interchangeable, making the outfit perfect not only for your baby boy’s first birthday party and photos, but an outfit that can be worn long after the events. This outfit is handmade in the USA by a small team of six moms with a passion for clothing! It’s incredibly soft and comfortable, making your baby boy feel happy and content at his party.
- FEESHOW Baby Boy Jumper: This jumper is adorable, giving the item in the number one slot a run for its money. The outfit is a romper with a black button up shirt look and black and white checkered overalls. It also has a white bowtie. The outfit also comes in a white variety where the colors are inverted. It’s made of polyester and cotton and just because of the design, it’s not going to be as comfortable for your baby boy as the last product that was listed. The buttons on the top work and there are buttons in the crotch that make it easy to change diapers, making it a lot easier on you, mom! The light material seems perfect for a spring or summer birthday party and will keep your baby cool. The bowtie is sturdy and stays on unlike other outfits with bowties that come off at the slightest tugging from baby. The average rating for this item is four and a half stars. Almost everyone who has bought it is extremely happy with it. I think this would be a great choice for a party with a theme similar to the first baby boy’s birthday outfit.
- Disney Baby Boys’ Mickey Creeper: This outfit goes with the one in the girls’ list that was a Minnie dress. This is a cute little onesie with a vest and tie printed on it. On the vest is an image of Mickey on one side and on the other side there are the words “My 1st Birthday.” The outfit unsnaps at the crotch making it another choice for ease of diaper changing. The no-frills design makes it one that would be extremely comfortable for your baby boy on his first birthday, and who doesn’t love Disney? The outfit would be the perfect complement to a Disney-themed birthday party. There are lots of decorations that would go with this outfit, making it easy to coordinate the theme with the outfit. It is 60% cotton, 40% polyester. The outfit looks adorable when paired with red pants! Some say that it is a little bit large, but almost everyone has given it a five star review. It’s described as incredibly soft, and as I said earlier, baby’s comfort is your number one priority. It doesn’t have all of the frills of some of the other outfits in this list, but sometimes easy is best and this simple outfit looks super easy!
- AJia Gentleman-Style Romper: This outfit gives number one a run for its money also! It’s a little romper with black and white bottoms with a houndstooth pattern. The top is a long-sleeved v-neck white shirt with a black button-up vest and a black bowtie paired with it. It’s got that dapper little gentleman feel about it and would be perfect for a fancier first birthday party for a little boy. The simplicity of the black and white color combination makes this outfit easy to pair with other colors for decorations and a party theme. It looks like an outfit that would be great for a wintertime birthday or even a Christmastime birthday. Since there’s nothing printed on it, it would be great for other occasions as well. I could see dressing a baby boy in this for a wedding or other type of celebration. It is 100% cotton, making it comfortable for your baby boy. It’s also totally machine washable making it an easy item to take care of, mom! That’s always an appealing factor. 81% of moms said that this outfit fit exactly as expected. Almost everyone has given it a five star rating, as well. Another detail is that the bowtie can easily be snapped on or off, depending on the look you want. This is a great choice!
As a new mom, buying clothes for your baby is exciting and fun. It’s especially exciting and fun when those clothes are for baby’s first birthday party. It’s a time of celebration and a great time to focus all of the attention on your new baby boy or girl. It’s their day in the end and what better way to celebrate it than to give them an outfit that will catch everyone’s attention?!
Of all of the little outfits for baby girls’ first birthdays, I would have to say that my top pick would be the first item. This outfit is my favorite for a variety of reasons, though it does have one drawback. I love the colors and think that any baby girl would look like an absolute doll in this dress. The tutu look is very popular and you really can’t go wrong with it. I think that the only thing about this dress that would be a concern is the tightness of the tutu. I wouldn’t want my baby girl to be uncomfortable, so that would be something I would need to inspect to see if it would work for her; however, I think overall the outfit is a great choice. Most moms say that it fits well and that the design has worked for their baby girls. It’s my definite number one choice for a baby girl’s first birthday!
As for the outfits for baby boys’ first birthdays, I’m going to again go with the first choice. This outfit just stunned me with its adorableness. It’s a three-piece suit, after all! What little man wouldn’t look good in one of those? This is a great choice for any mom that’s planning a fall or early spring birthday party. While it might not fit all baby boys because it’s made for little boys from ages 1-5, it would work for some. I’d definitely investigate how comfortable this was on my baby if I was going to have him in it for a long time. As far as appearance goes with this one, though, you really can’t go wrong. I can see any baby boy wearing this being the star of the show wherever he went.
All of these outfits are great for baby girls’ and baby boys’ first birthday parties. Some of them can even be great for events outside of that or for the rest of the year in the cases of the outfits that don’t specifically mention the first birthday or have a feature that allows for the number to be taken off of the shirt like the example in one of the baby boys’ outfits.
Keep in mind your top priorities when choosing the outfit you like most for your baby’s first birthday. Comfort is always the most important thing for your baby, and remember that something easy to change a baby’s diaper in is the most important thing for you! Have fun picking out your baby’s party outfit and getting ready for their big day!